Elevance Health is ranked No. 22 on the Fortune 500 list. The organization is massive, and it brings in more than $150 billion in annual revenue. Marketing for this company is a big job, one that CMO Bill Beck made more difficult when he led the charge on a massive rebrand in 2023. On this episode, Bill guides us through how he went about rebranding and consolidating a well-known and successful company in a way that earned executive buy-in and helped drive further growth.
Tune in to learn:
- The Elevance Health rebrand (4:50)
- Getting buy-in from leadership (8:00)
- When you know your rebrand was a success (13:35)
- Managing a shift in consumer expectations (16:30)
- The challenges CMOs face (24:00)
- Strategies to continue driving growth (30:30)
- The culture of the ELT (32:10)
- Balancing local and global needs (39:40)
About the Guest:
“Bill Beck joined Elevance Health as chief marketing officer in May 2019. He brings two decades of experience in marketing with an emphasis on the consumer experience, brand building, and strategic business growth across a broad range of products and offerings. Before joining Elevance Health, he served as vice president and general manager for Whirlpool Corporation, with business and brand marketing leadership responsibilities for the company’s most recognizable brands. Bill led the $7 billion North American Kitchen business across Refrigeration, Cooking and Dish categories with full P&L ownership.”
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at http://www.mission.org.