How can brands best utilize today’s technology to make the biggest possible impact on consumers? Our guest today is Stephan Pretorius, CTO at WPP, the world’s largest marketing services organization. Poised at the forefront of advertising innovation, Stephan discusses how marketers can effectively target consumers without impinging on their privacy, and shares how some of WPP’s most groundbreaking ad campaigns came to fruition.
Tune in to learn:
- What is WPP and what is Stephan’s role there? (01:10)
- How does WPP navigate the changing marketing landscape? (16:40)
- Deepfakes and the future of likeness licensing in advertising (28:10)
- Stephan’s tech journey and his advice for aspiring tech leaders (35:55)
- Cadbury Celebrations | Not Just A Cadbury Ad
- Toxic Influence: A Dove Film | Dove Self-Esteem Project
To view the episode transcript, please click here: Episode Transcript
About the Guest:
BIO: “I have always believed that mastery of technology is critical to the delivery of customer centricity in the connected, multi-channel world we live in.
I am a skeptical technologist – at the same time critical of the hype and over-promise of current technology options, but yet profoundly optimistic about the long-term value and potential of technology in business and society.
This is still just the beginning. Never stop thinking, never stop challenging, never stop asking “What if”?”
IT Visionaries is brought to you by Salesforce Platform. If you love the thought leadership on this podcast, Salesforce has even more meaty IT thoughts to chew on. Take your company to the next level with in-depth research and trends right in your inbox. Subscribe to a newsletter tailored to your role at Salesforce.com/newsletter.
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at mission.org.