The role of the CDO is changing, and with these changes come new opportunities to prove business value. On this episode of The Data Chief, Ido Biger, EVP of Data and Technology for Delek US, explains how he’s breaking down data silos and turning insights to actionHe also takes listeners through several analytics use cases including creating operational efficiencies for frontline workers and reducing customer churn.
Tune in to learn:
- Ido’s role at Delek and confronting his biggest challenge (04:23)
- How Ido breaks down data silos (11:53)
- Using data-driven insights to increase operational efficiency – Telco case study (15:15)
- Using data-driven insights to reduce customer churn – Airline case study (20:01)
- Why COVID was a huge opportunity for the airline industry (26:20)
- Turning insights to action – Oil and gas case study (29:08)
- The importance of finding a sponsor for your data project (32:19)
- How to prove value as a CDO (33:04)
- Ido’s work as a professor (35:12)
- The skills data professionals need to succeed (37:32)
- Roman Empire on Netflix
- Doug Laney
- Simon Sinek
- The Data Chief Guest’s Pump-Up Songs Playlist
About Ido Biger
Ido Biger has served as Executive Vice President since July of 2022.Prior to joining Delek, Ido led the IT division of El Al Airlines, an Israeli airline, alongside the cyber security team, and the data and analytics field (over 200 people), as well as served as the Chairman of the Board for Cockpit Innovation. Ido held two successful Chief Data Officer roles at Telco and Aviation. He led big data teams, BI departments, advanced analytics units (data science), and data literacy programs. Ido was the international speaker and adjunct lecturer at Tel-Aviv University and the Technion for Big Data Technologies, Data Science, and Data Visualization. Ido also represented the state of Israel at MIT’s CDOIQ forum.
Get even more insights from data and analytics leaders like Ido on The Data Chief.