It’s one thing for a company to invest in new technology. It’s another for a company to become invested in technology. In this episode, Yao Morin, CTO of JLL explains how she isn’t just adding data to the company workflow, but is instead fostering a culture of innovation and data-driven mindsets across the 240-year-old company through education, and by demonstrating data’s business value across departments.
- Yao’s rapid rise at JLL [4:01]
- Energy efficiency data in commercial real estate [13:26]
- Fostering creativity and imagination in data teams [16:29]
- Better understanding of B2B customer pain points [21:24]
- Yao’s approach to startup investment [23:45]
- Generative AI and the data/analytics workflow [28:58]
- Delegating to better manage large data teams [32:27]
- The underrepresentation of women in data and tech leadership roles [36:02]
- Jira / Confluence
- Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Perez
- Tom Davenport
- Diablo IV (video game)
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
About Yao Morin: A technical executive in the fields of application engineering, platform engineering, data engineering, data platform, ML platform, data science, data analytics, machine learning, and BI reporting. Has designed and championed multiple platform modernization and data migration journeys and data-driven transformations, and is an expert at building modern data-driven product development organizations and cultures in Fortune 500 companies from the ground up.
Currently leading JLL’s Data Strategy. With a team of 700+, developing and implementing enterprise data solutions, and advanced analytics; creating new, state of the art data products; leveraging data science and machine learning to discover new business opportunities; bringing new, innovative technology within JLL and to the commercial real estate industry.
Get even more insights from data and analytics leaders like Yao on The Data Chief.