Who’s hungry? Thanks to delivery apps like DoorDash, it’s never been easier for modern consumers to satisfy almost any craving in just a few taps. At the helm of DoorDash’s data organization is VP of Analytics & Data Science, Jessica Lachs. With metrics guiding every decision at the company, a key part of her decision-making comes down to properly quantifying the value of each possible tradeoff. Learn more about her decision-making framework, plus how her career in finance evolved into entrepreneurship and ultimately led her to create the data and analytics organization at DoorDash.
Tune in to learn:
- Using data to move levers that balance tradeoffs (09:28)
- Managing an unpredictable and complicated supply chain (12:26)
- The confluence of personalization and consumer privacy (15:08)
- Strategy for data architecting by the DoorDash team (21:00
- Cultivating a creative team that also communicates effectively (26:59)
- Unlikely career journey: Lehman Brothers to entrepreneurship (33:00)
- Cultivating a positive response to failure (35:51)
- Lightning Round (40:15)
- DoorDash Restaurant Online Ordering Trends
- Building a Source for Truth for a Digital Inventory with Disparate Data Sources
- How To Drive Effective Data Science Communications
- The Rose Code: A Novel by Kate Quinn
- The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois by Honorée Fanonne Jeffers
Get even more insights from data and analytics leaders like Jessica on The Data Chief.
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at mission.org.