Alexandra Morehouse has learned that companies need to not just talk the talk, but to live their values from top to bottom. She has held leadership positions in marketing at Charles Schwab, AAA, and Kaiser Permanente and is now CMO of Banner Health.
On this episode, Alexandra discusses the importance of technology in marketing, some of her career highlights, and what she is excited about for the future of the CMO role.
5 Key Takeaways for the On-The-Go Marketing Executive
– Great brands are built from the inside out. If a company’s employees don’t believe in a brand, the market never will.
– CMOs should work with heads of finance and sales to establish and reach meaningful marketing goals.
– Marketing requires more quantitative skills than ever before, and that the skills needed are changing every 6-8 weeks.
– One of the fastest ways to change culture is to change incentives.
– “There’s always push back. The only way to combat the push back is with information, research and data.” – Alexandra Morehouse
Alexandra Morehouse joined Banner Health as chief marketing officer in 2015. Prior to that, she held marketing leadership roles for Kaiser Permanente, AAA, Charles Schwab and American Express.
For full notes and show notes, click here.
Marketing Trends is brought to you by our friends at Salesforce Pardot, B2B marketing automation on the world’s #1 CRM. Are you ready to take your B2B marketing to new heights? With Pardot, marketers can find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. Learn more by heading to www.pardot.com/podcast.
To learn more or subscribe to our weekly newsletter, visit MarketingTrends.com.