Or listen in your favorite podcast app
There’s a subset of people in Silicon Valley who follow common practices that allow them to do more and be more. These methods help accelerate their learning, improve their retention, and allow them to quickly implement new ideas.
In today’s discussion, Chad and Steph talk about the different ways people in the Valley approach wisdom and how you can apply these lessons to your own life.
[0:40] Different Ways People In SV Approach Wisdom
- There’s a subset of people in SV that are accelerating their learning, their retention of new info, and the implementation of new ideas in a way that allows them to do more and be more.
- Silicon Valley has a culture of experimentation, mentorship, and reflection.
- The value of sabbaticals.
- “Your network is your net worth.”
[3:20] Steps To Wisdom
- Take time off to be by yourself.
- “Who are you when no one else is around?” -Chad
- Time off lets you reset and recharge so you can come back with a more excited spirit.
- “The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom…You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough.” -William Blake
- “The habit of daily work is something that is very hard to shake, and there is a very fine line between habits and addiction.” -Chad
- Try new experiences frequently.
- View the opportunity to try or do something new – even something you think is silly – positively. Everything is an opportunity to learn.
- Put yourself in social groups where you feel uncomfortable.
- It can be intimidating being around people who have achieved incredible success. That feeling will push you to grow.