Everywhere you look, B2B marketers are talking about Account-Based Marketing, and its prominence is only growing. So to better understand the technology, we talked to Laura Ramos, VP and Principal Analyst for B2B Marketing Professionals at Forrester Research.
On this episode, Laura talks about where ABM came from, what’s next for the technology, and what it means for B2B marketers. She also talks about her background with Forrester, why she left and came back to the field of research, and the most important insights she drew for the SiriusDecisions 2019 Summit.
Notes & Quotes: http://bit.ly/2yXulqL
Laura’s LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/lauraramos2013
Laura’s Twitter: twitter.com/lauraramos
Forrester Research: forrester.com
5 Key Takeaways:
– Account Based Marketing takes the idea of one to one marketing and scales it in a sustainable way.
– The two most important aspects of ABM strategy are the ability to analyze data and insights, and the ability to personalize content.
– ABM forces both sellers and marketers to focus on the right things, rather than focusing purely on volume.
– ABM is forcing marketers to think harder about who they target, and that’s a good thing.
– “You need your sellers to be helpful and human, not hungry.” – Laura Ramos
Laura Ramos is the VP & Principal Analyst serving B2B Marketing Professionals at Forrester Research. She is a leading expert in business-to-business marketing with hands-on senior management experience in corporate, industry, and product marketing; demand management; and social media.
Marketing Trends podcast is brought to you by Salesforce. Discover marketing built on the world’s number one CRM: Salesforce. Put your customer at the center of every interaction. Automate engagement with each customer. And build your marketing strategy around the entire customer journey. Salesforce. We bring marketing and engagement together. Learn more at salesforce.com/marketing.
To learn more or subscribe to our weekly newsletter, visit MarketingTrends.com.
This message is brought to you by Salesforce.
Hey marketers. Today’s B2B buyers are more complex than ever. And every buying committee has different needs and goals.
Salesforce can help.
We’ll show you how to put each and every customer at the center of your B2B marketing strategy. And you’ll learn how top brands like Lyft approach account-based marketing.
Salesforce. Market to every account. Speak to every buyer.
Find free B2B marketing and ABM resources at https://sfdc.co/every-buyer