Even if everyone could easily develop their own applications, would that really be a good thing? Mike Fitzmaurice, Chief Evangelist & VP-North America of WEBCON, points out that low-code solutions, like those offered by WEBCON, work well in experienced hands. Tune in to hear Mike’s myth-busting takes on low-code and no-code solutions and what he sees as the realistic promise of these sorts of development tools.
Tune in to learn:
- The distinction between low-code and no-code tools (05:40)
- Why Mike believes ‘citizen development” needs guardrails (09:24)
- How low-code tools help developers move more quickly (14:01)
- How companies can use low-code tools successfully (30:33)
- “WEBCON 2022 Predictions: The year of low-code and development shakeups” (VMblog.com article, written by Fitzmaurice)
- “4 Common Reasons Low-Code projects Fail” (InformationWeek article by Fitzmaurice)
- “Seven Trends Reshaping IT” (Salesforce report)
About the Guest:
BIO: “Responsible for developing WEBCON’s North American presence, evangelizing its Business Process Suite, and advocating overall best practices in workflow and business process automation, digital transformation, and citizen-assisted development. Fathered SharePoint evangelism at Microsoft, and was a critical part of growing it from an internal startup to an enterprise mainstay. Frequent and sought-after speaker at industry conferences, webinars, and symposia. Key force multiplier for others’ work in marketing, competitive sales, partner relations, and engineering.”
IT Visionaries is brought to you by Salesforce Platform. If you love the thought leadership on this podcast, Salesforce has even more meaty IT thoughts to chew on. Take your company to the next level with in-depth research and trends right in your inbox. Subscribe to a newsletter tailored to your role at Salesforce.com/newsletter.
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at mission.org.