Software itself is constantly being updated, but are some conventional approaches used by tech leaders also in need of an upgrade? David Heinemeier Hansson is the Co-owner & CTO of the software company 37signals, producer of the successful web services Basecamp and HEY. On this episode, David explains the forward-thinking methodologies that his company has successfully implemented, like championing prospective customers rather than current ones, enforcing a short six-week planning cycle, and placing a higher value on intuition over data.
Tune in to learn:
- David describes the “six-week cycle” approach at 37signals (03:30)
- How did 37signals develop its short-term planning method? (08:30 )
- The relationship between designers and programmers at 37signals (13:30)
- David’s reliance on intuition over data (29:15)
- The importance of writing and advice David received from Jeff Bezos (37:50)
About the Guest:
BIO: I am the creator of Ruby on Rails, cofounder of Basecamp & HEY, best-selling author, Le Mans class-winning racing driver, antitrust advocate, investor in Danish startups, frequent podcast guest, and family man.
IT Visionaries is powered by Salesforce Platform and Dreamforce 2022. Catch the news and insights coming out of Dreamforce this year for free on salesforce.com/plus. Content will start rolling on September 20th.
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at mission.org.